- Award-winning Emirates Skywards to become the loyalty programme for both airlines from 01 August 2018
DUBAI, UAE, 2018-Jul-03 — /Travel PR News/ — Dubai-based carrier flydubai has announced, today (July 1, 2018), that the award-winning loyalty programme of Emirates airline, Emirates Skywards will become the loyalty programme for both airlines. This strategic move builds on the success of the initial phase of the extensive partnership which sets out how the two Dubai-based airlines have been able to offer customers unmatched travel options.
The innovative partnership, announced in July last year, goes beyond code-sharing to a number of initiatives spanning commercial, network planning, airport operations, customer journey and with today’s announcement, the alignment of the carriers’ loyalty programmes.
From 01 August 2018, OPEN members will be enrolled into Emirates Skywards to continue to be rewarded when travelling with flydubai. Members will be able to earn both Skywards Miles and Tier Miles every time they fly with Emirates or flydubai enhancing collection and spending opportunities.
During July, OPEN Gold members and Emirates Skywards Silver members and above, who are also OPEN members, can convert their OPEN reward points to Skywards Miles (2 OPEN reward points = 1 Skywards Mile). OPEN reward points held in existing accounts can be redeemed until 31 July 2018 for future flights with flydubai.
Since launch, more than 650,000 passengers have benefitted from the Emirates and flydubai partnership. The seamless approach to travel committed to by both airlines is further cemented today with this collaboration, passing on the benefits to passengers who now have the choice to travel to over 200 unique destinations on the combined network of both airlines.
To learn more about the alignment of the OPEN programme with Emirates Skywards, members are encouraged to read the communication sent by the airline or log in to their OPEN account: https://www.flydubai.com/en/open/programme-changes
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 90 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 296 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 48 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 71 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of 61 aircraft including Boeing 737 MAX 8 and Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 50 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
+971 555 174 642