London, UK, 2021-Sep-21 — /Travel PR News/ — British Airways is further protecting the Tier status of Executive Club Members. From today ( 20-09-2021 ), any tiered Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between January – March 2022 will receive another year of their current status.
It means that no British Airways Executive Club Member renewing over this period, including Bronze, Silver and Gold card holders will lose their Tier status, regardless of how many Tier Points they have earned. This benefit comes in addition to a 25% threshold reduction in Tier Status which applies until June 2022.
From today, British Airways is also launching benefits for some of its most loyal Executive Club Members with an upcoming flight. All Silver and Gold Members, regardless of their cabin of travel can enjoy pre-flight dining, which is available at selected North American lounges, including New York JFK, Boston, Chicago and Washington. Meanwhile, the exclusive Concorde Room which is situated in Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York JFK only, will now be accessible to our exclusive Gold Guest List Members, regardless of how many Tier Points they earned in their previous Tier Point collection year.
Niall Rooney, British Airways’ Loyalty Manager, said: “We want to thank our customers for their continued loyalty. Many of our Executive Club Members haven’t had the chance to use their benefits as normal, by further extending their Tier Status, none of them will miss out on the amazing benefits they have earned.
For our Members that have a flight booked, we are proud to be launching more benefits. From today, our Silver and Gold Members can enjoy more from our award-winning lounges.”
On top of this Tier extension, in February, British Airways announced a six-month extension to all Executive Club vouchers, due to expire before 31 December 2021. This was the third extension that was applied, following similar extensions in March 2020 and October 2020 and included Gold Upgrade Vouchers and American Express Companion Vouchers. British Airways is also adding an additional six-months validity to all new Companion Voucher or Travel Together tickets earned between June 2020 and the end of December 2021.
Notes to Editors:
- The reduced amount of Tier Points needed to reach each Tier results is below:
- Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights
- Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
- Gold: 1125 Tier Points
- British Airways has introduced a number of measures at the airport and on board to look after the safety and wellbeing of its customers and crew. These include social distancing measures, the wearing of face masks and hand sanitiser stations. Prior to travel customers will also receive details of how they can prepare for their next flight.
- The airline is cleaning all key surfaces including seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables after every flight and each aircraft is completely cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air on all British Airways flights is fully recycled once every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which remove microscopic bacteria and virus clusters with over 99.9% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.
 Gold Guest List Members are Gold Members that earn an additional 5,000 Tier Points in their collection year and then 3,000 Tier Points in each year thereafter.
Source: British Airways