EDINBURGH, Scotland, 2018-Oct-11 — /Travel PR News/ — A tour operator which offers bespoke tours in the Cairngorms National Park is celebrating after achieving a prestigious Quality Assurance award from VisitScotland.
Braemar Highland Experience, situated in Royal Deeside has secured a five-star rating from the national tourism organisation. The grading highlights businesses within the VisitScotland Quality Assurance Scheme who continue to exceed customers’ expectations on an on-going basis whilst taking an innovative approach to customer care.
Having left their careers as a musician and an academic respectively, co-owners Katy and Julian Fennema moved to Braemar in 2014 to develop their award-winning 4-Star Gold guest house, Callater Lodge while also running Braemar Highland Experience. However after running two businesses side-by-side, Katy and Julian decided to focus their efforts on Braemar Highland Experience full-time to help create an unmissable experience for visitors to the region.
They offer three different routes to explore the area – on road bespoke tours, guided walking tours and off-road tours on private hill roads in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, giving visitors the chance to look out for red deer, golden eagles, red and black grouse, red squirrels and mountain hares.
Katy and Julian also have the privilege of creating their customer’s own personalised itineraries based on their needs and wants. They recently provided an off-road tour for a 95-year-old woman to revisit the mountains in which she spent her youth walking and took a young couple, spending their honeymoon on Deeside for two walks into the heart of the Cairngorms.
Katy Fennema, Co-owner of Braemar Highland Experience said:“Julian and I are thrilled to have received a 5-star rating from VisitScotland and we are both very proud of this achievement. The official accreditation allows for our potential customers to have great faith and trust in us from the high quality tours that we provide and deliver.”
Jo Robinson, VisitScotland Regional Director, said:“My congratulations go to Katy and Julian at Braemar Highland Experience on the outstanding achievement of a 5-star rating.
“Quality Assurance is about much more than just the ‘stars on the door’ – it’s about the entire visitor experience, and Katy and Julian have shown that they go the extra mile to ensure their visitors enjoy a truly memorable experience.”
The VisitScotland Quality Assurance scheme, which has been developed and improved over 30 years, provides visitors with an independent, impartial and trusted guide to standards.
Delivered by a dedicated team of experts who offer scheme members advice and support on how not to only meet visitor expectations but exceed them, the scheme aims to drive standards and encourage excellence whilst helping businesses reach their full potential and secure their success. That in turn delivers great results for Scotland’s tourism industry and economy.
For more information, visit: https://www.bhe.scot/
To learn more about VisitScotland’s Quality Assurance scheme visit:
Notes to Editors
- Follow us on twitter: @visitscotnews
- VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
- The organisation’s core objective is to contribute to the Tourism 2020 Strategy ambition of growing tourism revenues by £1 billion by 2020.
- This will be supported by five overarching strategies: Marketing, Events, Quality and Sustainability, Inclusive Tourism, International Engagement.
- The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
- Spending by tourists in Scotland generates around £12 billion of economic activity in the wider Scottish supply chain and contributes around £6 billion to Scottish GDP (in basic prices). This represents about 5% of total Scottish GDP
- For VisitScotland’s press releases go to http://www.visitscotland.org/media_centre.aspx, tourism statistics and frequently asked questions go to http://www.visitscotland.org/
- Where possible, a Gaelic speaker will be made available for broadcast interviews on request (Far an tèid iarraidh, agus far am bheil sin nar comas, bruidhinnidh neach le Gàidhlig aig agallamh)
- For holiday information on Scotland go to www.visitscotland.com
- For information about business tourism in Scotland go to www.conventionscotland.com
2018 Year of Young People
- The Year of Young People (YoYP 2018) will inspire Scotland through its young people aged 8 to 26, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contributions to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally
- Central to YoYP 2018 will be a celebratory events programme that puts young people at the heart of its development and delivery, creating new and valuable experiences for young Scots and the wider public, with links to the inaugural 2018 European Championships.
- Over 200 young people throughout Scotland are currently being recruited to become YoYP 2018 Ambassadors. Ambassadors will ensure that people and organisations in their communities know about what’s happening and will lead on projects and activities to create events and opportunities to celebrate young people.
- The Year of Young People will have six themes which were developed in co-production with young people themselves:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing – supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture – celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
- Further information on what’s happening and how people can get involved can be found on the new website www.yoyp2018.scot or @YOYP2018 on Twitter.
Corporate Press Officer – Regional
North Region, Shop Local
Out of hours – 0131 472 2324