Pioneer of the Soft Brand Concept Remains Largest Collection of Independent Hotels Worldwide
ROCKVILLE, Md, 2017-May-11 — /Travel PR News/ — Ascend Hotel Collection, the first soft brand collection, continues to grow its portfolio with six properties entering the collection in one month. As part of Choice Hotels International, one of the world’s leading hotel companies, the Ascend Hotel Collection features unique, boutique and historic independent hotels and resorts. There are 230 open and under development Ascend properties worldwide, including the U.S., France, United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Turkey, Australia, Canada, and the Caribbean region, with new openings expected every month throughout 2017.
“The Ascend Hotel Collection provides independent hoteliers with a variety of options whether they’re looking for a new construction, conversion, adaptive reuse project or to grow their own mini brand,” said Mark Shalala, vice president, development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “These six new properties are just the start of the 44 planned openings this year representing 80 deals that have been signed over the last two years.”
The six properties that have opened in April are located across the country in key regions, including:
- The LOOK Red Hook (Brooklyn, New York) – Conveniently located in the heart of Brooklyn, the 79-room LOOK Red Hook hotel features design inspiration from Red Hook’s maritime industry with local photography and mermaid print wall vinyl and is filled with modern amenities throughout the hotel.
- enVision Hotel Boston-Everett (Everett, Massachusetts) – With many historic Boston attractions within walking distance, the enVision Hotel Boston-Everett is a great option for guests looking to sightsee while staying in a charming 101-room vintage-inspired hotel filled with design inspiration from the neighborhood’s past including antique sewing machines and a desk made of restored vintage steamer trunks.
- The Hotel at Sunland Park Casino (Sunland Park, New Mexico) – Whether you’re looking to extend your time at the casino or on the race track, the 78-room Hotel at Sunland Park Casino provides guests with race track views and an onsite restaurant, bar and lounge to give you the full casino experience.
- The Solstice Hotel (Erie, PA) – First of many hotels being built in walking distance to Splash Lagoon Water Park, voted one of the top 10 water parks in the county by USA Today readers, The Solstice Hotel is filled with modern amenities and in close proximity to restaurants and arts venues.
- Gold Miners Inn (Grass Valley, California) – This pet-friendly Grass Valley boutique hotel is within walking distance to local restaurants, shops and wine tasting rooms and serves as the perfect base camp for exploring historic Gold Rush towns with its 80 state-of-the-art guest rooms.
- Allentown Park Hotel (Allentown, Pennsylvania) – Conveniently located near many theme parks, the 125-room Allentown Park Hotel is perfect for ride lovers with its close proximity to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, the Da Vinci Science Center and the Allentown Fairgrounds.
“The Ascend Hotel Collection gives our guests the unique charm they’re looking for with local offerings, allowing them to feel like a true part of the community,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “These properties provide guests a pathway to discover more of the world, their way.”
Ascend Hotel Collection: let the destination reach you.
The Ascend Hotel Collection is a global portfolio of unique, boutique and historic independent hotels and resorts and is part of Choice Hotels International, one of the world’s leading hotel companies. Recognized as the hotel industry’s first “soft brand” concept, Ascend has more than 170 properties open and operating worldwide, including in France, the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Turkey, Australia, Canada, and the Caribbean region. Membership with the Ascend Hotel Collection enables distinctive, independent properties to gain a global presence while maintaining their local charm. For more information, visit www.choicehotels.com/Ascend.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the world’s largest hotel companies. With approximately 6,500 hotels franchised in more than 40 countries and territories, Choice Hotels International represents more than 500,000 rooms around the globe. As of March 31, 2017, 795 hotels were in our development pipeline. Our company’s Ascend Hotel Collection®, Cambria® hotels & suites, Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Sleep Inn®, Quality®, Clarion®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, and Vacation Rentals by Choice HotelsTM brands provide a spectrum of lodging choices to meet guests’ needs. With more than 30 million members and counting, our Choice Privileges® rewards program enhances every trip a guest takes, with benefits ranging from instant, every day rewards to exceptional experiences, starting right when they join. All hotels and vacation rentals are independently owned and operated. Visit us at www.choicehotels.com for more information.
SOURCE: Choice Hotels International, Inc.