HONG KONG, 2014-6-19 — /Travel PR News/ — Airport Authority Hong Kong (AA) today announced that the public inspection period for the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Report for the expansion of Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) into a Three-Runway System (3RS) will start tomorrow and last for 30 days till 19 July. The public inspection period begins following the Director of Environmental Protection’s decision that the EIA report meets the requirements of the EIA Study Brief and the Technical Memorandum on EIA Process in accordance with the EIA Ordinance.
Stanley Hui Hon-chung, Chief Executive Officer of the AA, said, “Since we received the Study Brief in August 2012, we have spent over 20 months working closely with our team of international and local experts to carefully study the potential impact of the project on 12 specific environmental aspects, in a highly prudent, transparent and professional manner. The study results and possible impacts, together with the proposed mitigation measures, are clearly stated in the report.
“We have conducted over 500 engagement activities including two sessions of public forum in August 2013 with members of the public as well as various stakeholders, including residents groups, professional bodies, business partners, schools, media, green groups and many more, and their views have been collected and incorporated into the EIA study where it is practicable and appropriate,” Mr Hui added.
The EIA report and its executive summary will be available for public inspection from 20 June to 19 July at various venues, including the Environmental Protection Department’s (EPD) website, a number of District Offices and EPD’s Environmental Resource Centres. Members of the public may provide written comments on the EIA report to the EIA Ordinance Register Office of EPD via email, mail or fax before the statutory public inspection period expires.
The report is also available for viewing in the AA Office at HKIA Tower during the public inspection period. Viewing times at the AA Office are from 9:00 am to 5:50 pm, Monday through Friday, except public holidays. Those with enquiries about the EIA report can contact the hotline at (852) 3908 0354 or visit the dedicated website (www.threerunwaysystem.com) for more information of the project.
In line with its longstanding approach to proactively engage stakeholders and members of the public, the AA will be holding two public forum sessions on 28 June, where the AA and its EIA consultants will explain the findings and mitigation measures. The AA invites members of the public who would like to attend the forum to register online at the AA’s dedicated project website,www.threerunwaysystem.com, or call (852) 2501 7959 for registration during office hours, starting from 9:00 am on 20 June. The AA will also hold a number of briefings and meetings to continue sharing information and gauging views on the EIA report as well as the planned 3RS project.
Public Forum Schedule
|28 June 2014 Saturday||9:30am – 12:00 noon
2:30pm – 5:00pm
Lower Level 1,
64 Mody Road,
Locations for public inspection of the EIA report
- The EIA Ordinance Register Office, Environmental Protection Department, 27th Floor, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Opening hours: Monday to Friday 0900 to 1700, closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays);
- Wan Chai Environmental Resource Centre, 221 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Opening hours: Monday to Sunday 1000 to 1700, closed on Tuesday and Public Holidays);
- Tsuen Wan Environmental Resource Centre, Tak Wah Park, Tak Wah Street, Tsuen Wan, New Territories (Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 0930 to 1300, 1400 to 1830 except for Wednesday 1400 to 1830, closed on Sunday and Public Holidays);
- Fanling Environmental Resource Centre, 2nd floor, Government Accommodations, Grand Regentville, 9 Wo Mun Street, Luen Wo Hui, Fanling, New Territories (Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday 1000 to 1700, closed on Monday and Public Holidays);
- Airport Authority Hong Kong, Ground Floor Reception, HKIA Tower, 1 Sky Plaza Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong (Opening hours: Monday to Friday 0900 to 1750, closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays);
- Islands District Office, 20/F., Harbour Building, 38 Pier Road, Central, Hong Kong; during normal office hours;
- Kwai Tsing District Office, 10/F, Kwai Hing Government Offices Building, 166-174 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories, during normal office hours;
- Sha Tin District Office, 4/F, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, New Territories; during normal office hours;
- Tsuen Wan District Office, 1/F., Tsuen Wan Multi-storey Carpark Building, 174-208 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, during normal office hours;
- Tuen Mun District Office, 2/F., Tuen Mun Government Offices, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories, during normal office hours; and
- The EIA Ordinance website (http://www.epd.gov.hk/eia)
Media Enquiry Hotline : +852 2188 7152
Contact Email : email@example.com
Airport Authority Website : http://www.hongkongairport.com
Customer Enquiry Hotline : +852 2181 8888