Bærum, Norway, 2016-Dec-06 — /Travel PR News/ — Norwegian’s year of record growth and awards has continued with the airline’s website Norwegian.com now voted the World’s Leading Low-Cost Airline Website at the World Travel Awards.
The World Travel Awards are voted for by travel and tourism professionals worldwide, with Norwegian already voted “Europe’s Leading Low-Cost Airline 2016” earlier this year. The latest award for Norwegian’s website was announced this weekend at the World Travel Awards Grand Final Gala Ceremony 2016 in the Maldives.
Norwegian.com is available in more than 10 different languages and receives over 145 million visits per year from passengers around the world – more than 7.7 million Norwegian flight and holiday bookings were made through the website last year alone.
Along with booking flights, hotels and car rentals, the website also helps passengers access flight and travel information; check-in online and make seat, food and baggage reservations; as well as providing travel guides for many of the 140 destinations Norwegian flies to across Europe, the US and Asia.
Norwegian Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Ramdahl said: “Norwegian.com is the gateway to our aim of offering affordable flights for all so we are delighted to receive this award. Through our state-of-the-art new aircraft, free inflight WiFi and live TV, and now our award-winning website, we are using the latest technology to show passengers that travelling low-cost can still mean high-quality.”
Along with winning two World Travel Awards in 2016, this summer Norwegian was also named the ‘World’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline’ for the second consecutive year and ‘Best Low-Cost Airline in Europe’ for the fourth year in a row at the renownedSkytrax World Airline Awards.
– Ends –
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. – the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016
SOURCE: Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA
- +44 (0)7436 868866
- For customer service: 0330 8280854