Alexandria, VA, 2017-Feb-07 — /Travel PR News/ — The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) today (February 2, 2017) was named one of the 2017 Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business and Best Companies Group. This statewide survey and awards program recognizes the 100 best places of employment in Virginia benefiting the state’s economy, its workforce and businesses.
“We are committed to providing service, innovation and results for our members and that starts with attracting and retaining the very best talent to make it happen,” said Todd Hauptli, President and CEO of AAAE. “We are honored to receive this recognition by Virginia Business and Best Companies Group. We strive to create the best possible work environment so our team members can flourish and advance the ball for our members and the aviation industry.”
AAAE provides innovative and supportive family-friendly benefits, including:
• A tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 each year);
• A student loan forgiveness program (up to $1,000 each year for three years);
• Section 529 college savings plan contributions (up to $1,000 each year for five years);
• A vacation bonus program designed to enhance work-life balance ($1,000 each year for taking four or more consecutive days of vacation);
• Best-in-class 401K contributions (employer contributions up to 10% of salary, without a matching requirement);
• Paid maternity and paternity leave (up to 20 days of paid leave); and,
• A telecommuting program available to all full-time employees.
Companies and organizations from across the state entered the two-part survey process to determine the Best Places to Work in Virginia. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated organization’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure employee engagement and the employee experience.
Founded in 1928, AAAE is the world’s largest professional organization representing the men and women who work at public-use commercial and general aviation airports. AAAE’s 5,500-plus members represent some 850 airports and hundreds of companies and organizations that support the airport industry. Headquartered in Alexandria, Va., AAAE serves its membership through results-oriented representation in Washington, D.C., and delivers a wide range of industry services and professional development opportunities, including training, conferences, and a highly respected accreditation program.
Director of Public Affairs